Get Your Questions Answered Today By Burlington, IA Injury Attorney Nicholas Pothitakis

After an injury or accident, you probably have a number of general questions about who was at fault, whether you are owed compensation, and whether you need an attorney to assist you with your claim. Below, we've answered some of the most common questions that we hear at our law firm.
  • Page 1
  • Does an injury have to happen at the workplace in order to be covered by Workers' Comp?

    woman driving for work


    Many times you may not be at the office or your job site when an injury takes place. For example, you may be traveling for work, running a work-related errand, or attending a work-related training or company event.  You may not be physically at the office or job site, but you are doing something for the benefit of your employer or a job task required by your employer.  As long as it is work-related, it should be covered by Workers' Comp benefits. If you become injured or ill as a result of a job responsibility then you you will be able to receive benefits as long as you meet the other eligibility requirements for Workers' Comp in Iowa.

    The first thing you must do if you become injured or ill is to report your incident to your employer in writing. If you are not satisfied with the benefits you receive or if you are denied and feel that Workers' Comp should provide additional compensation, it would be best to consult with an experienced Iowa Workers' Compensation attorney. The term "job-related" can get complicated in some situations and you may need the advice and support of an expert in the field. Most attorneys, such as Pothitakis Law Firm, provide free initial consultations to discuss your particular situation.