Is there anything I can do if my employer denies my Iowa Workers' Compensation claim? Or if they do not pay what I feel is fair?

Yes, there is. Under Iowa law, you have the right to initiate a contested-case proceeding which is heard before a Deputy Workers' Compensation Commissioner. Each party will present its case and evidence at the hearing which is much less formal than a trial with a jury. The Deputy will issue a ruling regarding benefits and the amount. This ruling can be appealed to the Iowa Workers' Compensation Commissioner who reviews the record and issues a final decision. There is the possibility of the decision being challenged in the court system and the appeal can go all the way to the Iowa Supreme Court. If you do decide to start a contested-case proceeding, it is recommended that you seek advice from a qualified Workers' Comp attorney.