Pothitakis Law Firm
320 N. 3rd Street, Suite 100
Burlington, IA 52601
FULL-TIME EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
WHO WE ARE:
Pothitakis Law Firm is a law firm located in Burlington, Iowa, that dedicates itself to protecting and maximizing recovery for people injured by motor vehicle collisions and in work place incidents. We pride ourselves on offering experienced representation. We work hard to provide our clients with highly-personalized legal service.
WHAT WE NEED:
Position: Legal Assistant/Paralegal
The Legal Assistant/Paralegal is responsible for assisting the lawyer in preparing discovery, preparing recapitulations of each client’s medical expenses, determining whether a client has outstanding medical balances, who paid the client’s medical expenses, and whether health insurance and/or Medicare or Medicaid are entitled to reimbursement. In addition to these job duties, this position requires working closely with clients, insurance carriers, medical providers, and opposing counsel in order to get a favorable resolution of various issues that arise for each respective client through the course of their case.
This position will require:
- A person who is technologically proficient or who has demonstrated experience in quickly learning how to use new technology;
- Case management and ability to work with deadlines that come with a heavy hearing/trial docket;
- Working with Microsoft office programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Naming and organizing files on a shared firm drive; and
- Working with standard office technology such as copy machines, fax machines, postage machines, and scanners.
- A person who can transcribe from digital dictation equipment with sufficient speed.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary and benefits including profit sharing and 401K
- A first-class office environment
- The opportunity to do important and emotionally fulfilling work
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in applying for this full-time Legal Assistant/Paralegal position, please compose a letter answering these five questions:
1. Based upon the information above, why do you think this job would be a good fit for you?
2. Do you believe you are capable of managing a heavy workload and what techniques would you use to manage that workload?
3. What makes you an individual that can work on tasks or projects that are highly repetitive and detail-oriented?
4. Please describe your experience in customer/client service.
5. What are your salary requirements?
Please mail a letter answering the above questions and a copy of your resume to the following address (all inquiries and applications will be kept strictly confidential):
Nicholas G. Pothitakis
Pothitakis Law Firm P.C.
320 N. 3rd Street, Ste. 100
Burlington, IA 52601