If you have been involved in an Iowa car accident, how do you know who was at fault and who is responsible for your damages? Far too many people believe the story begins and ends with the police report, or getting compensation for their car accident would be too complicated, expensive, or stressful. In reality, a Fort Madison car accident lawyer can help you fully understand your case, from who was at fault, to how much your case may be worth, to how you should pursue compensation.
At Pothitakis Law Firm, we are here to guide you through your car accident and personal injury claim from beginning to end. We are dedicated to helping our clients get everything they deserve, from necessary medical care to compensation for lost wages. To learn more about our legal services – and about your specific claim – please call our offices today for a free, confidential consultation.
We serve Fort Madison, Iowa, as well as the greater Lee County area. With offices located in both Burlington and Keokuk, we are happy to help clients across the state including those in:
- West Point
Our Focus on Iowa Car Accident & Injury Claims
When it comes to traffic accidents and injuries, Fort Madison car accident lawyer Nicholas Pothitakis has the skill, knowledge, and assertiveness to take on your claim. In the past, he has helped families and individuals with a wide range of motor vehicle accident cases, including:
- Car accidents and pick-up truck accidents
- Commercial truck and 18-wheeler accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle and cyclist accidents
- Bus and train accidents
- Motorcycle and moped accidents
- ATV and four-wheeler accidents
While some traffic accidents may not be preventable, a significant number are caused by negligence. After you or a loved one has been injured, it is vital you understand what caused the wreck and who was at fault. Our legal team can help you better understand your accident by collecting evidence, analyzing the crash, and researching similar cases. Once we have the full story behind your accident, we can let you know what your rights are as well as the best steps to take toward justice.
Iowa Car Accident Statistics
How common are car accidents, car accident injuries, and car accident fatalities in Iowa? Here are the facts, courtesy of the Iowa Department of Transportation.
- Each year in Iowa, over 300 people are killed in motor vehicle accidents.
- Roughly 30 percent of fatal vehicle accidents involve alcohol consumption.
- Roughly 10 percent of fatal vehicle accidents involve drug use.
- In 2013, 41 people died in motorcycle accidents. A shocking 34 fatal motorcycle accidents did not involve helmet use.
- In 2013, there were 63 fatalities involving commercial trucks.
- In 2013, 20 pedestrians were killed after being struck by motorized vehicles. Three cyclists were killed in the same year.
- In 2013, 6 people were killed in bus accidents and 4 people were killed in train accidents.
- About 30 people per year are killed on Iowa’s rural highway system.
- In 2014, the leading causes of fatal crashes included speeding, lack of seatbelt use, crossing the centerline, impaired driving, and running off of the road.
Although it is true that the number of car accidents and injuries in Iowa have dropped in the last two decades, due to car safety technology and driver education, thousands of people are still affected by motor vehicle accidents annually. In too many of these cases, accident victims fail to seek and secure the compensation they deserve after their injury.
Contact An Iowa Car Accident Lawyer Today
Stop wondering whether or not you may have a valid car accident and injury claim. Do not become one of the many people who never receive the compensation they are owed under the law. Talk to a car accident attorney today about your case and let us guide you to the best possible resolution based on the details of your accident and injury.
We offer Iowa car accident victims and their families a free, private consultation. During this confidential meeting, you can meet attorney Nicholas Pothitakis, get all of your questions answers, and learn about an Iowa car accident lawyer. Most importantly, you can find out whether or not you may have a case and how much you may be owed.
To schedule your no-obligation consultation, please call us today or fill out the electronic contact form.