After an On the Job Injury, You Need a Iowa Workers’ Compensation Lawyer to Protect Your Rights
Work injuries can take many forms, from a repetitive stress injury in a traditional office, to a serious fall injury at a manufacturing plant, to a work-related illness or health condition. But all of these on-the-job injuries have a few things in common: they prevent Iowa workers from continuing to do their job; they cause Iowa workers physical harm and emotional trauma, and they often lead to serious financial issues as Iowa workers struggle to support themselves and their families.
Fortunately, Iowa workers' compensation laws are in place to make certain that injured Iowa workers receive medical care, benefits, and fair treatment from their Iowa employers after a work-related accident. The majority of employers in Iowa are required to carry Iowa workers' compensation insurance and are obligated to follow state mandates regarding worker accidents and injuries.
Reasons Why Your Workers' Compensation Claim May Not Go Smoothly:
- Your employer and the insurance carrier have denied your valid workers' compensation claim.
- Your employer and the insurance carrier have delayed your benefits for an unreasonable amount of time.
- You believe your settlement is unreasonably small or unfair.
- Your employer has discouraged you from filing a claim for compensation or threatened you regarding a workers' comp claim.
- Your employer has retaliated against you after you filed a workers' comp claim.
- Your employer has not provided you with appropriate medical care following an on-the-job accident.
How the Pothitakis Law Firm Can Help Your Claim for Benefits
At Pothitakis Law Firm, we have helped hundreds of injured Iowa workers secure the benefits they deserve over the last twenty years, from Iowa employees who suffered relatively minor and temporary injuries to those who have been affected permanently or even killed in an on-the-job accident. Sadly, it is in your company's best interests to deny workers' compensation claims whenever they can - we are here to fight for your best interests.
Take Charge and Speak with One of Iowa's Top Workers' Compensation Attorneys Today!
After an on-the-job accident, after you are forced to stop working, after your employer denies your claim - it can feel like the whole world is against you. We are here to examine your case and fight by your side. We are here to take away the stress and confusion you are feeling about your Iowa work injury situation. More importantly, we are here to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve under Iowa law.
Get your questions about your on-the-job injury answered by an experienced Iowa workers' compensation attorney:
- Am I entitled to benefits if I am injured at work in Iowa?
- Can my Iowa employer fire me for an injury or for filing a workers' comp claim?
- Who chooses my doctor after an accident at work? [Link to article]
- How do I calculate my rate based on my wages?
- Can I collect Iowa workers' compensation payments and Social Security disability payments?
- What is an impairment rating?
- How do I know if I'm being treated fairly by my employer?
- Do I need an Iowa workers' compensation lawyer?
Talk to Nicholas Pothitakis in a free, confidential, no-obligation meeting. Get answers to your Iowa workers' compensation questions and take the first step toward resolving your work injury legal issues. Call us today at (888) 472-1778 or fill out the contact form on this page for more information.