- Even minor car accidents or crashes that happen at slow speeds can result in serious injuries that require professional treatment.
- It can take hours or even days for you to feel the affects of a car accident, especially when it comes to back or neck injuries like whiplash.
- Even serious internal injuries, such as internal bleeding or bone fractures, may not be apparent in the hours after your car accident because your body is in shock from the trauma.
- You can suffer a traumatic brain injury or a serious concussion without ever losing consciousness, and symptoms of your head injury could take weeks to surface.
- Treating an injury as quickly as possible after an accident can help prevent chronic health problems, such as reoccurring pain or long-term disabilities, and ultimately speed up the healing process.
The bottom line is that it’s always better to be safe than sorry. While a visit to the hospital or to the doctor right after your car accident may seem overwhelming at the time, it can help your recovery and solidly establish the state of your health directly after the crash. Not getting medical attention until days or weeks after your traffic accident could not only mean that your injuries are not treated in a timely manner, it can also make it harder to prove that your injuries were directly connected to you crash.
Have you been injured in an Iowa traffic accident in which it didn’t immediately seem like you were injured? Speak with a Keokuk car accident injury lawyer today about your case by calling (888) 472-1778 or by filling out our short contact form.