I Have To Seek Medical Care For My Iowa Work Injury. Who Chooses The Doctors Who Will Treat Me?

Click below to share this on social media:

It is your employer who decides who you will go to for your medical care and they must provide care reasonably suited to treat your injury. If you are not happy with your medical treatment for your work-related injury, you may request alternate care from your employer. If alternate care is not approved by your employer (or the Work Comp insurance company), then you have the right to file a petition for alternate care with the Iowa Workers’ Compensation Commissioner.