Contact us today to learn how we can help you win your case.
Keokuk Car Accident Lawyer
Most Iowans ride in a motorized vehicle every day, whether they are getting behind the wheel, riding as a passenger, stepping onto a bus, or commuting on a train. While these activities are considered extremely safe, they still result in thousands of accidents and injuries each year.
At Pothitakis Law Firm, we know the damage a traffic accident can cause, from high medical bills to lost wages to psychological harm. We are dedicated to helping our clients recover compensation after a car crash injury and return their lives to normal.
We are an Iowa car accident law firm serving car accident victims and their families. One of our two law offices is located on Main Street in Keokuk. In addition to helping the citizens of Keokuk, we also represent accident victims throughout Lee County, including residents of:
What Keokuk Car Accident Lawyer Nicholas Pothitakis Can Do For You
Keokuk car accident lawyer Nicholas Pothitakis and his skilled legal team are here to guide you through the car accident claim process from beginning to end. As your legal representative, we will:
- Help you understand whether or not you have a valid car accident claim
- Help you determine how much you car accident claim may be worth
- Gather evidence regarding your car accident claim
- Determine who or what was at fault for your car accident
- Answer your questions about Iowa personal injury law
- Keep you educated and informed throughout the claim process
- Negotiate with the insurance company about your personal injury settlement
- Go to court regarding your claim if necessary
Traffic Accidents Can Result in Serious & Permanent Injury
Car accidents often involve high speeds and thousands of pounds of force. It is no surprise that many collisions results in serious and sometimes permanent injuries. Some of the most common car accident injuries include:
- Head injuries and brain damage. These injuries can range from mild concussions to traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) to fatal injuries. All brain injuries, even the most minor, can have lasting affects on a person’s memory, concentration, motor skills, and behavior.
- Broken bones and fractures. Even the smallest fracture can keep an injury victim from returning to work, while serious accidents can result in multiple broken bones. Broken bones may require surgery and often take months to fully heal.
- Neck injuries. Slow-speed crashes and rear-end accidents can result in whiplash, while high-speed accidents can result in broken necks and paralysis.
- Back injuries. Like neck injuries, back injuries may lead to partial or complete paralysis. Other types of back injuries could result in chronic pain.
- Severe bruising and contusions. Bruising can range from mild skin contusions to extremely serious bruising of bones and vital organs.
- Lacerations. Broken glass, shattered plastic, and twisted metal are all common results of traffic collisions. This debris can seriously injure vehicle occupants, especially in the form of cuts and laceration. These injuries can cause severe blood loss and permanent scarring.
- Burns. Motorized vehicles run on gas, and gas is flammable. A significant number of car and truck accidents involve fire and even explosions, which can result in painful, scarring burns.
- Torn ligaments. Ligament injuries are extremely painful and can require multiple surgeries to repair. Ligament injuries may also sideline many people from work, especially if their jobs include any sort of physical activity.
It is extremely important to note that even less severe injuries, such as torn ligaments, whiplash, or dislocations, can have significant impacts on a person’s life. Even though many of these will heal relatively quickly and completely, they can still result in high doctors’ bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Even if you did not suffer a catastrophic injury, you may still be owed a significant amount of compensation under Iowa law.
Schedule Your Complimentary Case Review & Consultation Today
A serious injury can derail your life and ruin your finances. If you were not responsible for your accident and injury, you should not be responsible for the related costs. We are committed to helping accident victims recoup the costs of their injury from the at-fault party.
We offer free case reviews and attorney consultations. To learn more about why your accident occurred, as well as who may be responsible for the final bill, contact our Keokuk offices today.